The manhunt for three suspects in a deadly mass shooting
outside a South Florida
banquet hall is in its third day, with few details about the suspects released.
The Miami-Dade Police
Department released video on Monday of the masked suspects exiting a stolen SUV outside the El Mula Banquet Hall near Hialeah shortly after midnight Sunday before opening fire on a crowd. The suspects, who police said were armed with semi-automatic rifles, then sped away, killing two people
and injuring 21 others.
*RELEASE OF VIDEO SURVEILLANCE* We are releasing video footage of the vehicle/subjects involved in the shooting that occurred in Northwest Miami-Dade on 5/30/21, which left two people dead and 21 others injured. Anyone with information is URGED to contact @CrimeStopper305 immediately. pic.twitter.com/X2jlxYFrEL — Miami-Dade Police (@MiamiDadePD)
According to police, 13 of those injured were still hospitalized as of Monday, with three of them critically injured.
The suspects' white Nissan Pathfinder, which had been reported stolen on May 15, was later found submerged in a canal.
A grieving father whose 26-year-old son was killed in the shooting interrupted a press conference held by local law enforcement on Monday to express his anger and heartbreak.
“You all killed my kid; you must burn!” yelled Clayton Dillard in front of cameras as he approached the podium where Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez III was speaking.
“Do you hear me? You murdered a good kid for no reason!” he yelled.
“That is the pain that affects our community, right there, right in front of you,” Ramirez said as Dillard was led away, “and that is why, all of us, we must work
harder to bring justice to these families who are crying as you hear right now.”
At the time of the attack
, the banquet hall was hosting an album release party with performances by local rappers. It is believed that a dispute between two rival groups sparked the violence, and that the shooters' intended target was in front of the establishment at the time of the attack, authorities said at a press conference on Monday.
“These gun-violence-driven murderers, as has been said eloquently before me, who are targeting individuals while also hitting innocent people who have nothing to do with their beef, destroying families,” Ramirez said, before being cut off by Dillard.
A total of $160,000 is being offered as a reward for information leading to the arrest
and conviction of those involved, with the majority of that money
coming from businessman and TV personality Marcus Lemonis, who is from Miami.
I'm offering a $100,000 reward to anyone who can assist authorities in my hometown of @MiamiDadePD in arresting and convicting the suspect/suspects. Please share this.. https://t.co/f9muvEqmp4
— Marcus Lemonis (@marcuslemonis) May 30, 2021